September 25, 2007, is a day that will be coveted by millions, including me. It is the day that all will be able to purchase and play the video game "Halo 3". This game has already set records for pre-orders; more people have committed to buying this game than any game in history. I personally plan on spending the $60 for the game and another $350 for an Xbox 360 console to play it?
Why would a 33 year old cheapskate, with a loving wife and entertaining child, want to spend his time and money on a game? Let me bulletpoint the ways:
- Men of my generation and the ones who followed were raised on games; Halo is like crack to us.
- The original Halo was a ground breaking game that revolutionized the genre of first person shooters.
- I secretly lust for violence and combat.
- Halo 2 improved upon Halo, but the story of Halo 2 only ends . . . with Halo 3.
- Halo 2 came out three years ago, I have been waiting three years to "finish the fight"!
- My wife is letting me buy it.
- I never feel bad killing aliens, especially aliens that reanimate the dead.
- The whole world is at stake, dagnabit!
- Halo is a cultural tour de force.
- For all I know, I could be Master Chief.
- Red vs. Blue.
- There are no stupid power-ups to look for.
- My brother is going to buy Halo 3 and I can't live knowing that he is playing Halo 3 and I'm not.
- The music of Halo is just friggin' awesome.
- I have been saving up for two years to buy an Xbox 360 and Halo 3.
- Legendary mode.
- When I finish Halo 3, I will be one step closer to Nirvana.
Huzaa to Halo 3!
Tagged: unpaid advertising